Blanc tightlipped over France future after exit
By Associated Press - DONETSK
24th June 2012 11:58 AM
France coach Laurent Blanc remained tightlipped over his future after the team's 2-0 loss to Spain on Saturday in the European Championship quarterfinals.
Blanc's contract with the French Football Federation expires at the end of the month. He wanted a new contract before Euro 2012, but FFF President Noel Le Graet preferred to wait until after the tournament before making a decision.
"We're out of the competition and we're upset, so now is not the time to talk about staff and players," Blanc said. "We will analyze this Euro in the coming days. There will be some satisfaction and some disappointment, and you will find out what happens after."
Some English media recently linked Blanc to the vacant position at Premier League team Tottenham.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15