Red Bull driver Vettel wins pole at European GP
By Associated Press - VALENCIA (SPAIN)
23rd June 2012 07:26 PM
Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel will start from pole position at the European Grand Prix for the third straight year.
The two-time defending Formula One champion, who has won the race the past two seasons, clocked the fastest lap of 1 minute, 38.086 seconds on Valencia's 5.4-kilometer (3.3-mile) street circuit.
Lewis Hamilton of McLaren is also on the front row for Sunday's race, while Pastor Maldonado of Williams will start third.
Ferrari pair Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa and Michael Schumacher of Mercedes failed to reach the third qualifying session. Schumacher, a seven-time F1 champion, will start between the pair in 12th place.
Vettel's teammate, Mark Webber, was eliminated after the first period because of mechanical trouble. He will start 19th.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Subramanian Swamy
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs