250 golfers expected to participate
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
24th January 2013 11:16 AM
The Rotary Club of Madras annual event — the Merchants and Bankers golf tournament, will be held on February 2 and 3 at the TNGF-Cosmo Golf Course.
The tournament, with the theme ‘Swing for a Cause’, will see corporates from Chennai, Coimbatore, Ooty, and Kodaikanal take part in the two-day event.
The organisers believe that about 250 golf enthusiasts will take part in the tournament.
Entry fee is Rs. 2,750 for an individual and Rs 4,500 for a team (of two).
Agni College of Technology will be organising the 4th edition of TSN T20 Rolling Trophy cricket tournament for school boys from January 24 at its college premises.
About 30 schools are taking part in the tournament which will be played under knock-out format.
There is no entry fee for the tournament and breakfast, lunch will be provided by the organisers.
The matches will be officiated by TNCA qualified umpires. Transportation and balls will be provided by the organisers.
The winners will take home Rs. 50,000, while the runner-up will get Rs. 30,000.
Losing semifinalists will be given Rs. 10,000. Man of the Match award of Rs. 1000 for all the mathes.
In addition, special prizes for Best Batsman, Best Bowler, Best Fielder, Best All-Rounder and Player of the Tournament will be awarded
The fourth edition of the Republic Day Cup table tennis tournament’s for schools, colleges and corporates will be organised by SDAT-AKG TT Development Centre on Feb 2 and 3. The non-rankers tournament will be held in memory of sports journalist M.Z. Tanveer who passed away recently.
Contact, Ph:9884218626, 9444414474.
TN BOYS BEATEN
Andhra emerged as champions in the South Zone under-14 cricket tournament when they finished top at the five-team league group with 16 points from four matches. in Hyderabad . Hyderabad, who beat TN by 12 runs in their final league match, took the second spot.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Key relationships
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Kept on Congress fringe, says Mani Shankar Aiyer
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out