Paes to partner Roger-Vasselin in Chennai Open
By IANS - CHENNAI
27th December 2012 02:39 PM
Doubles World No.3 and defending champion Leander Paes of India will pair up with Edouard Roger-Vasselin from France for the 2013 edition of the Chennai Open which is to be held at the SDAT Tennis Stadium from Dec 31 to Jan 6.
Paes would be looking to complete a hat-trick here following the 2011 and 2012 titles he won with Mahesh Bhupathi and Janko Tipsarevic, respectively.
Paes has had a good run in 2012, winning four titles including the Australian Open and reaching the finals in Tokyo and US Open. He has won six titles in the 17 editions of the tournament here so far.
For the 29-year-old French Roger-Vasselin, 2012 has been a landmark year, having won three doubles titles, he reached a career-best doubles ranking of 38 before finishing the year at 43.
The Frenchman will be pairing up with Paes for the first time.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes