World Junior TT: Indian girls finish 11th, boys 16th
By IANS - HYDERABAD
12th December 2012 01:05 PM
Indian girls and boys finished 11th and 16th in the team events at the Volkswagen World Junior Table Tennis Championships at the Gachibowli Indoor Stadium here Tuesday.
The girls team, comprising Manika Batra, Karnam Spoorthy and Reeth Tennison lost 0-3 to Chinese Taipei in the match for positions 9-12. They later turned up to beat The Netherlands 3-0 to end 11th in the competition.
The Indian boys went down 1-3 against Egypt in the contest for 15-16 positions. Utkarsh Gupta, Abhishek Yadav and Sudhanshu Grover played for the home team.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP