India drawn alongside Myanmar in Challenge Cup qualifiers
By PTI - NEW DELHI
12th December 2012 01:03 PM
Nehru Cup champions India have been clubbed along
side hosts Myanmar, Chinese Taipei and Guam in Group A of the AFC Challenge Cup
2014 qualifiers to be played in Myanmar.
India will play their matches on March 2, 4 and 6 next year, according to draw which took place at the AFC Headquarters in Kula Lumpur Tuesday.
Wim Koevermans's wards will be looking to top the group in order to advance to the AFC Challenge Cup to be held in Maldives.
Twenty participating teams have been pooled into five groups of four, with the quartet playing against each other in a one-round league in a centralised venue.
The four group winners and two best second-placed teams will join host nation Maldives at the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup finals.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Key relationships
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Bangalore crush Chennai in 8-over match, keep semi hopes alive