Chennai beat Tuticorn to enter quarters
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
30th November 2012 10:33 AM
Chennai beat Tuticorn 2-0 and secured the quarterfinal berth in the Chief Minister’s Trophy football tournament at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on Thursday. So did their women’s team, beating Pudukottai 3-0.
Trichy bt Pudukottai 3-2 (1-1), Madurai bt Ariyallur 5-1, Tanjore bt Dindigul 2-1, Tiruppur bt Nagapatinam 2-1, Chennai bt Tuticorn 2-0, Sivaganga bt Coimbatore 4-1 (1-1), Tirunelveli bt Vellore 3-2 (1-1), Kanyakumari bt Vellore 2-0.
Women: Cuddalore by Virudhanagar 6-0, Salem bt Villupuram 4-0, Tiruchirapalli bt Thiruvallur 1-0, Chennai bt Pudukottai 3-0, Madurai bt Theni 4-0, Erode bt Tiruvannamalai 2-0, Kanyakumari bt Tanjore 3-0, Dindigul bt Coimbatore 6-0.
Medium pacer Augustin’s 5 for 16 enabled Harrington Cricket Academy to beat Friends Cricket Academy by 7 wickets and move into the final of the Deepavali U-14 round robin league cricket tournament, played at Reddy’s Academy grounds.
Friends Cricket Academy 67 in 21.4 overs (Augustin 5/16, H Srinivasan 4/21) lost to Harrington Cricket Academy 68 for 3 in 15.4 overs (H Srinivasan 26). MoM: Augastin.
Harrington Cricket Academy 220 for 7 in 25 overs (Madhesh 33, Fiaz 43, Ashray 55, Raghul 4/29) bt North Chennai Academy 86 in 19.3 overs (Madhesh 3/17, Augustin 3/19, H Srinivasan 3/21). MoM: Madhesh.
Friends Cricket Academy 71 in 19.4 overs (Jishnukumar 4/12) lost to North Chennai Academy 75 for 3 in 13.4 overs. MoM: Jishnukumar.
SRM bag title
SRM University defeated ALVA’s Education Foundation, Mangalore 29-14, 29-23 in the final of the All India Super Eight women ball badminton tournament, organized by ALVA’s Education Foundation, Mangalore.
Best Player of the Tournament: Y Mounika, II B.Tech, (IT) student at SRM University was adjudjed as Best Player of the tournament.
Final: SRM University bt ALVA’s Education Foundation, Mangalore 29-14, 29-23; Semifinals: SRM University bt Lady Sivasamy Iyyer, Chennai 29-4, 29-3.
Pinnacle Sports Club and Lakshmi Nagar Sports Club, Nanganallur will organise the Jones Foundations throw ball tournament for girls and women to be held at 7th street play ground, Lakshmi Nagar, Nanganallur from November 30 to December 2. 20 school teams, 10 women teams below 30 years, and 10 women teams above 30 years (all from Chennai) are participating in the tournament.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Shun hatred to live with peace
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army