Chennai edge Cuddalore to advance
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
29th November 2012 10:22 AM
Chennai beat Cuddalore 4-3 in tiebreaker after a goalless regulation time and progressed to the second round of the CM’s Cup Football tournament at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on Wednesday. Tuticorn, Sivaganga, Coimbatore and Nilgirs also secured wins.
Results (men’s): Chennai bt Cuddalore 4-3, Tuticorn bt Ramanathapuram 6-0, Sivaganga bt Tiruvannamalai 3-1, Coimbatore bt Dharmapuri 3-1, Theni bt Tirunelveli 4-0, Nilgris bt Krihnagiri 3-0.
Women’s: Kanyakumari bt Karur 2-0, Coimbatore bt Ariyalur 5-0, Dindigul bt Ramanathapuram 5-0, Cuddalore bt Virudhunagar 6-0, Salem bt Villupuram 4-0.
Rajesh scalps six
G Rajesh Kumar grabbed six wickets for 28 runs as Minerva CC beat Prasad CC by 29 runs in the TNCA Fourth Division A League match here. Batting first, Minerva were restricted to a modest 197 in 46.2 overs.
Brief score (Division four A): Sea Hawks CC 368 for six in 50 overs (C Babu 61, A Mohammed Asif Iqbal 71, P Pavan Kumar 89, SPM Sam Sundaram 4/50) bt Kohinoor XI 142 in 39 overs (SPM Sam Sundaram 40, R Pattabhiraman 3/33, S Raja 3/44); Minerva CC 197 in 46.2 overs (H Sathish Babu 45, M Arul 3/54, Hemanth Ragu 3/35) bt Prasad CC 168 in 43.2 overs (Ajay Frederick 54, G Rajesh Kumar 6/28); Jupier SC 200 for nine in 50 overs (G Vijay Kumar 40, K Fayasudeen 47, S Logesh 6/40) lost to Social CC 204 for seven in 34.1 overs (S Ganesh Kumar 45 no, G Chandrasekar 3/73); Sounder CC 239 for seven in 50 overs (G Kalaivanan 51, TT Sashank 42) bt Rising Stars CC 213 in 47.5 overs (K Prakash 80, S Guru Prasad 43, P Subramani 6/47).
Ravindra Babu’s 46 helped Fidelity beat RCA by six wickets in the Stugo Cup cricket tournament held at Reddy’s Sumangali gardens, Santoshapuram.
Brief scores: RCA 148 for 9 in 30 overs (Muthu 50, Ram 3/30, Manish 3/16) lost to Fidelity 149 for 4 in 19.4 overs ( Ravindra Babu 46). MoM: Ravindra Babu; Elite Stars 145 for 8 in 27 overs (Muthupandi 49, Harikumar 3/32) bt Ignited Bats 144 in 27 overs (George 49, Mahenth 4/28) MoM: Mahenth; Rhinos XI 147 in 27.3 overs (Krupash 39, Mani 3/27) lost to Ignited Bats 148 for 7 in 27 overs (Kaushik 30, Aadalarasu 3/20). MoM: Kaushik; Spectra 167 for 6 in 27 overs (Roop Prasad 75 no, Abilash 43, Prasanna 3/26) bt Cognizant Super Kings 155 for 8 in 26.1 overs (Shravan kumar 33, Thiyagarajan 44, Rajesh 3/39); Spectra won on better run rate as bad light stopped play. MoM: Roop Prasad
Athletic Federation of India/Tamil Nadu Athletic Association has not granted any permission for the conduct of The Wipro Chennai Marathon in Chennai on Dec 2. Since it is not a recognised marathon all the states and clubs are requested not to send athletes for this event. Any athletes participating in this marathon will be viewed seriously, says a release from WI Davaram, President of the TN Athletic Association.
SA Saleem of MCC defeated Sreenath of Pot Shot 3–0 in the Senior Snooker in the qualifying round of the Tamil Nadu State Ranking meet.
Bhuvaneshwaran (TNBSA) bt Vijayakumar (M 2000) 3–0; Raj Mohan (TNBSA) bt Mahadevan (Mr.Cue) 3–1; SA Saleem (MCC) bt Sreenath (Pot Shot) 3–0; Hameed (Cue City) bt Laxmikanth (SIVA) 3–1; Arun (Mr.Cue) bt Venkatesulu (TNBSA) 3–2; Nazeer (Cue City) bt Kafi Ullah Khan (TNBSA) 3–2; Mustaq (Q Trickz) bt Sachin Sharma (M 2000) 3–0; MK Manoj (Gymkhana) bt Balamurugan (TNBSA) 3–2; Ramana (TNBSA) bt Nandakumar (Cue City) 3–0; Ameen (Cue City) bt SK Gupata (TNBSA) 3–1; Rajesh Bothra (TNBSA) bt Shane Lawrence (GJSR) 3–2; R Sriram (TNBSA) bt Masilamani (SVS) 3–2.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs