Sunil puts TN ‘A’ in strong position Vs Odisha ‘A’
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
18th November 2012 10:44 AM
Sunil Sam’s 5 for 42 enabled Tamil Nadu ‘A’ to restrict Odisha ‘A’ to 213 for 8 in 94.5 overs on the first day of the CK Nayudu Trophy Elite ‘B’ match at IC-Guru Nanak College grounds.
Shesdeep Patra who was unbeaten on 54 was the top scorer for the visitors.
Brief scores: Odisha ‘A’ 213 for 8 in 94.5 overs (Girija Rout 29, Priyatosh Parmanik 30, Payas Sinha 30, Shesdeep Patra 54 batting 54, Bibhudutta Panda 25,Sunil Sam 5/42) vs Odisha ‘A’
Vijai Aravindh 32 was the feature of Vidya Mandir’s 37-run win over DAV Mogappair in the Don Bosco Bicentenary under-10 Cricket tournament.
MCC Mat. Hr. Sec. School 47 in 11.1 overs (B Anirudh 3/4; V Arjun 2/6) lost to Bala Vidya Mandir 48 for 1 in 5.1 overs (B Aaditya 17 no) MoM: B Anirudh;
Vael’s Billabong 115 for 5 in 15 overs (Neyan 28, Aryn yohan 18, Joseph Samuel 2/9) bt St. Mary’s 56 for 9 in 15 overs (Neyan 3/4; Roshan 2/8) MoM: Neyan Vidya; Mandir 98 for 4 in 15 overs (Vijai Aravindh 32, Calab 15, Mukileashwar 2/15) bt DAV (Mogappair) 61 for 6 in 15 overs (Kailash 3/7).
MoM: Vijai Aravindh.
Kancheepuram overcome karur
Kancheepuram beat Karur 25-14, 25-19 in straight sets in the SDAT, Tamil Nadu first state level volleyball tournment for Chief Minister’s Trophy.
Results: Men: Kancheepuram bt Karur 25-14, 25-19; Trichy bt Villupuram 25-19, 25-18; Salem bt Thanjavur 25-11, 25-13.
Women: Madirai bt Thiruvannamali 25-21, 25-16; Kancheepuram bt Dharmapuri 25-0, 25-3; Thiruppur bt Krishnagiri 25-21, 25-12.new meet record for Karthikeyan
S Karthikeyan of Turtles with a timing of 1:38:35 created a new record in 10m IM Group VI event at the State Swimmig meet at Velachery Aquatic complex.
Prassanna of SDAT Trichy clocked 1:40:28 to better the meet record. The original record was held by J Davis of Cuddalore (1:40:71).
Results: Boys (Freestyle):
800m (Open): P Dineshkumar (TSPA) 12:02:55. Group I: JT Yugesh Kumar (Turtles) 09:14:99 Group II: Andrew Rajan (TSPA) 10:14:57 200m (Open): Jaywant Vijayakumar (Turtles) 2:03:93
Group I: Sethu Manickavel (TDSA Tirunelveli) 2:04:49 Group II: Andrew Rajan (TSPA) 2:17:48
50m (Open): Jaywant Vijayakumar (Turtles) 0:25:43. Group I: M Anandhan (SDAT Shakthi) 0:25:55
Group II: P Mukundhan (SDAT Shakthi) 0:26:41 Group IV: D Adhithya (TSPA) 0:32:13 Group V: J Jeffin (SDAT Tuticorin) 0:36:60
Breaststroke: 50m (Group III): S Danush (TSPA) 0:36:54 (NMR).Group V: VP Viswa Dhanajayam (TDSA Tirunelveli) 0:50:90
Butterfly: 25m: Group VI:
S Karthikeyan (Turtles) 0:17:41 (NMR). 100m (Open): Jaywant Vijayakumar (Turtles) 1:01:25
Group I: JT Yugesh Kumar (Turtles) 1:01:19 Group II: SM Mukesh (Chennai Corpn) 1:07:19 Group III: Dinesh (TSPA) 1:10:22. Backstroke: 25m: Group VI: DA Prassanna Muthu (SDAT Trichy) 0:19:22 (NMR). Girls (Butterfly)
25m (Group VI): A Jedidah (SDAT Trichy) 0:18:56 (NMR).
100m: Group I: VKR Meenakshi (Turtles) 1:08:92 Group II: Sherlyn Devadason (ORCA) 1:07:96
Breaststroke: 100m (Open): M Raghavi (Turtles)1:25:69 Group II: AV Jayaveena (Turtles)1:22:32
50m: Group IV: SM Swetha (Chennai Corpn) 0:43:10 (NMR); R Jaahnavi (ORCA) 0:43:51(BMR)
The St Joseph’s CFA Senior Division League match between AGORC and SAI ended in a goalless draw.
Senior Division League: AGORC 0 drew with SAI 0. MoM: Naveen Kumar (AGORC defender). First Division: Income Tax 10 (Raegan 4, Venkatesan 4, Britto, Vigneswaran) bt DBYC (Broadway) 0.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs