HRT Formula 1 team is up for sale
By IANS - MADRID
13th November 2012 06:23 PM
HRT Formula One team is up for sale, its owners Thesan Capital has announced 16 months after buying a majority stake in the Spanish outfit from Jose Ramon Carabante.
HRT are yet to score a point since joining F1 in 2010. The owners are hoping to find new investors in the coming weeks.
"The current owners of HRT want to confirm they are holding talks with several groups interested in buying the team. They hope to close the sale agreement over the coming weeks and allow the team to move forward," read a statement on HRT's website.
"We believe the moment to let new investors come through for HRT has arrived.
"We're convinced that the sporting potential of the team is huge and that the presence of new investors can give it a big boost," the statement added.
The team is currently 12th in the constructor standings, having finished 11th in the first two seasons. Its drivers are India's Narain Karthikeyan and the experienced Pedro de la Rosa of Spain.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers