TN cueists set for Sofia challenge
By Express News Service - BANGALORE
08th November 2012 08:56 AM
It’s gala time for cueists from Tamil Nadu as four of them will feature in the IBSF World Snooker and World Masters Snooker meet in Sofia, Bulgaria in different capacities.
TN’s woman cueist Vidya Pillai has made it to the women’s team with Chitra Magimairaj (Karnataka) and Aranxta Sanchez (Maharashtra) being the other two.
The TN duo of Rafath Habib and Nadeem Ahmed qualified from selection camp to represent India in IBSF World Masters snooker meet. Brijesh Damani (Kolkata) and Kamal Chawla (Bhopal) form the men’s team.
To top it all, TN referee Kennedy has been selected along with Karnataka’s B Bhaskar to officiate in the World snooker meet making it celebration time for TN cue sports. Of course, the men and women teams were announced earlier but the Masters tournament, qualifiers for the Sofia meet, ended at the KSBA with Rafath Habib defeating Nadeem Ahmed 3-1 at 80-36; 68-04; 57-60; 65-29 in the final.
In the match for 3rd and 4th placings, L Nagaraj beat Surendran S 57-17; 61-66; 57-50; 57-28.
Results: Semis: Rafath Habib bt L Nagaraj 3-0 (56-10; 59-35; 45-36), N Ahmed bt Surendran S 3-0 (73-40; 71-22; 68-35); Quarters: Surendran S bt Kamraj H 3-2 (63-24; 63-53; 39-63; 36-61; 63-36), N Ahmed bt Raj Mohan 3-0 (62-21; 44-05; 57-16), L Nagaraj bt D Bhuvaneshwaran 3-0 (62-52; 66-05; 59-40), R Habib bt N Azeez 3-0 (72-22; 58-13; 47-18).
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Key relationships
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Kept on Congress fringe, says Mani Shankar Aiyer
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out