IOB down IB in volleyball meet
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
05th October 2012 10:33 AM
IOB men’s team defeated Indian Bank 25-20, 25-23, 25-17 in straight sets in the Vollys Club-state level volleyball tournament.
Women: Southern Railways bt Vels University 25-12, 25-15.
Men: IOB bt Indian Bank 25-20, 25-23, 25-17; Men : ICF bt SDAT 25-22, 25-20, 25-16.
Ram Prakash Shines
B Ram Prakash 62 enabled Parry’s Sports and Recreation Club beat Southern Railway Sports Association by 1 wicket in a thrilling 2nd Division League match of the TNCA.
II Division: Royapettah Cricket Club 215 for 9 in 50 overs (Huzefa M Patel 69, AR Anand Kumar 3/43) bt Twentieth Century Club 143 in 44 overs (SV Muruganantham 3/37); Southern Railway Sports Association 257 for 7 in 50 overs (S Vishaal 59, T Lakshmanamurthy 56, S Vignesh 65 no) lost to Parry’s Sports and Recreation Club 259 for 9 in 48 overs (B Sreeram 42, B Ram Prakash 62, R Sukumar 35);
Sical Recreation Club 140 in 48 overs (B Karthik 54, M Shanmugam 4/33, S Selva 3/29) lost to Triplicane Friends United Cricket Club 144 for 1 in 35 overs (C Hari Nishanth 51 no,
R Naresh 63 no); Triplicane Sports Club 238 for 9 in 50 overs (A Ganesh Kumar 66, Varun Narendar 74, Koonal A Khedkar 5/70) bt Spic Recreation Club 229 for 9 in 50 overs (T Parthiba Venkateswaran 32, V Gautham 50, S Ram Kumar 37, S Ashwath 4-50); Falcon Cricket Club 118 in 40 overs (R Pandiaraj 4/29, EM Jose Midhun 4/8) lost to
AG’s Office Recreation Club 119 for 1 in 25.1 overs (R Chandrasekar 44, D Govindaraj 57 no).
Swetha to lead TN
CV Swetha will lead the Tamil Nadu state women’s under-19 team in the inter-state (South Zone) one day limited overs tournament to be held from October 9 to 15 at Vijayawada.
squad: CV Swetha (captain), L Nethra (vice-captain), D Hemalatha, G Gayathri, S Gayathri, B Uvashree, M Abinaya, P Vyshali, J Anushka, E Gomathi Rajam, S Anusha, V Bobby, John Belinda Ann, S Mahalakshmi, V Elakeya.
Coach: Aarti N Sivaramakrishnan (Coach). Manager: K Pushpavathy. Physio: Sheela.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Key relationships
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Kept on Congress fringe, says Mani Shankar Aiyer
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out