Bhushan, Nelord emerge champions
By Express News Service - CHENNAI
01st October 2012 10:29 AM
Chandra Bhushan and S Nelord (both Delhi) won +45 and +55 singles tiles respectively at the Rajah Muthiah ITF Seniors Grade 4 Tennis Championship in Chidambaram.
Results (all Finals): +45 category: Chandra Bhushan (Ind) bt Nandan Bal (Ind) 6-3 conceded. +55 Category: S Nelord (Ind) bt Murthati Suresh 6-4, 3-6, 6-2; +65 Category: Dheenadayalan Kuppusamy (Ind) bt Subrahmanyam Teki (Ind) 6-1 6-2. Doubles: +45 Category: Nandan Bal/TP Rajaram (Ind) bt K Arun/KR Madhukar Kumar (Ind) 6-3 2-1 conceded; +55 category: TS Gambhir (Ind)/ Murthati Suresh (Ind) beat Dipak Kumar Chakma/S Nelord (Ind)6-3, 7-5; +65 category: Dheenadayalan Kuppusamy/CH Naidu Cherukuru (Ind) bt Dayanandan/Arvind Kaimal (Ind) 6-3, 6-3.
SRM retain crown
SRM University defended their title by beating Panimalar Engineering College, 25-22, 21-25, 25-23 in the final of the 2nd state-level inter-collegiate volleyball tournament, organized by Hindustan University, Chennai.
Most of the top volleyball players will be seen in action in the Vollys Club-21st state-level volleyball c’ship at Corporation grounds, Ashok Nagar, from October 1 to 6. Defending champions ICF, Chennai Customs, SDAT and Tamil Nadu Police are in Pool A. Last year runners-up IOB, Southern Railway, Indian Bank and Income Tax comprise Pool B. The top two teams from each group will move into the semifinals. In the women’s section, four teams — Southern Railway, St Joseph’s College of Engineering, Vel’s University and JBAS — will vie for top honours. St Joseph’s won the crown last year.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today