7 kids die of encephalitis in UP in 24 hours
By Shreya Dhoundial / IBNLive - GORAKPUR
16th September 2012 01:52 PM
In an outbreak in Uttar Pradesh's Gorakhpur, Encephalitis has claimed lives of seven children in the past 24 hours. The death toll has climbed to 281 in 2012 alone.
Over 1400 cases have been reported in a single hospital in 2012.
Infants and toddlers are most vulnerable to the disease and the doctors say almost every one in three cases is fatal.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out