Anna Hazare's group meeting on September 19: Kiran Bedi
By PTI - SINGAPORE
13th September 2012 12:35 AM
Social activist Anna Hazare has called a meeting of his close associates on September 19 to decide the next course of action for the movement against corruption, Team Anna member Kiran Bedi said on Wednesday.
While maintaining that neither Anna Hazare nor she would enter politics, Bedi said the movement members will meet next week to discuss the future strategy on how to make corruption an electoral issue.
"Anna has called a meeting on September 19 after which we will know what decision he will want to take as a follow up action to his fight against corruption," Bedi said in Singapore where she addressed the Deutsche Bank's annual conference on Women in Asian Business this evening.
The decision would be aimed at cleaning corruption from within the present political system, said Bedi, without naming any specific party.
The challenge would be to protest against political parties and stressing that any vote given to them after 2014 would be conditional, she said.
In her address to the Deutsche Bank conference, Bedi highlighted the need to support women in corporate world.
She also asked mostly 160 women delegates at the conference to encourage their daughters to join active sports which would teach them how to manage challenges in adult life.
Bedi cited her own example and explained how she played tennis from childhood days and went on to become an Asian champion before joining the Indian police force, which was exceptionally more challenging career in a male-dominated world.
She also talked about her experiences at Tihar Jail, where she is credited with having launched major reforms for prisoners.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army