Police lathicharge agitating farmers in Agra
By PTI - AGRA
12th September 2012 11:05 PM
Police used batons and burst tear gas
shells to disperse the agitating farmers, protesting against
the real estate firm at Kuberpur town in the district today.
Farmers were protesting against the allotments of plots for the Yamuna Expressway Township, saying that plotting should not be done as the matter is sub-judice.
Three farmers were arrested for rioting.
SSP Agra S C Bajpayee, said police acted with restraint but admitted of lathicharge, firing of tear gas and rubber bullets.
Agitated over police action, farmers sat over dharna on the Agra Expressway, and lifted it only after the DIG police assured them that arrested farmers would be released.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix