Ramdev’s stir from October 2
By Express News Service - NEW DELHI
02nd September 2012 08:00 AM
Before the Centre could even think that yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s agitation had fizzled out, the activist announced on Saturday that his third round of anti-Congress protest will begin on October 2.
The protest that will target assembly elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh will continue up to the Lok Sabha elections in 2014. The yoga guru’s announcement came in the midst of the law agencies tailing him for disproportionate assets.
“People will give a suitable answer to the Congress (for targeting us). What will it do to us when it is on a path of dissolution?” Ramdev said at a press conference here. Ramdev did not specify the location for his campaign.
Even though Baba Ramdev refused to say in unequivocal terms, his caustic comments made it clear that his alliance with anti-graft activist Anna Hazare was long over.
Initially, the yoga guru maintained that he was not on a collision course with erstwhile Team Anna. However, he later said: “The media only claimed that when I came (to Jantar Mantar for Hazare’s agitation), so did the crowd, and when I left, so did the crowd.”
Ramdev again trained his guns on the Congress over the coal block allocation issue.
He, however, refused to point a finger at the BJP saying presently the Congress was shying away from its responsibility to punish those who are corrupt.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today