Kashmir: Militant killed in encounter
By PTI - SRINAGAR
01st September 2012 03:00 PM
A militant is believed to have been killed in an encounter with security forces in Kangan forest area of central Kashmir Ganderbal district, police said today.
A gunbattle broke out between militants and security forces in forests of Kangan area 40 km from here, late last night, police said.
One militant is believed to have been killed but it can be confirmed only after the operation is over and the body is retrieved, they said.
Police said exchange of firing was going on till reports last came in.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs