Man fights molesters, bleeds to death at police station
By IBNLive - INDORE
22nd August 2012 09:34 AM
In yet another gruesome case of apathy by police, a young man bled to his death at a police station in Indore after the police overlooked his wounds and denied him immediate medical aid.
When asked, the police found it hard to explain it away, saying they had dialled "108" but the emergency services "took time to come".
The man, along with his friend, had tried fight off a group of molesters who were harassing his sister.
However, he was made to wait at the police station for 40 minutes before he was taken to the hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
According to reports, the police insisted that the victim record his statement first.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today