Pranab Mukherjee greets Zardari on Pakistan's Independence Day
By IANS - NEW DELHI
14th August 2012 11:04 PM
President Pranab Mukherjee Tuesday greeted the people and the government
of Pakistan on their Independence Day and said the progress in their bilateral dialogue was a reflection of the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and harmony.
In a message to his Pakistan counterpart Asif Ali Zardari, Mukherjee said the success of their sustained efforts would result in mutually beneficial cooperation.
"On behalf of the people and the Government of India, I have the pleasure of conveying our greetings and felicitations to the people and the Government of Pakistan on the occasion of your Independence Day," Mukherjee said.
"It gives me pleasure to note the progress in bilateral dialogue, a reflection of the strong desire of our people for peace and harmony. I am confident that the success of our sustained efforts would result in mutually beneficial cooperation for our peoples to realize the shared goals of peace, progress and prosperity," he added.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today