Pinki Pramanik rejoins railways as ticket collector
By PTI - KOLKATA
10th August 2012 05:20 PM
Asian Games gold medallist Pinki Pramanik, who was accused of gender misrepresentation and rape by her live-in partner, has rejoined her duty at the Sealdah Railway Station after the Eastern Railway revoked her suspension.
The former middle-distance runner, who had got a relay gold at the Doha 2006 Asiad, on Thursday rejoined as a ticket collector in the station.
"I feel relieved after the trauma which I had gone through. I am thankful to the Railways for reinstating me...I had appealed to get back the job on August 8 and I got the order immediately. I joined work yesterday," Pinki said in Kolkata on Thursday.
She said her co-workers at the Railways were supportive and showing tremendous respect and that many people were taking pictures with her.
An Eastern Railway official said the suspension was revoked after she submitted the copy of her bail order.
"As per the central government rule, one is deemed to be suspended after 48 hours of custody. But after getting a bail, she appealed and the suspension was revoked," he said.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala