Aarushi case: CBI admits to creating email ID in Hemraj's name
By PTI - NEW DELHI
09th August 2012 08:42 PM
The CBI sleuths had created, for some "specific purpose", an email ID in the name of slain domestic help Hemraj to interact with dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar during the probe of Aarushi-Hemraj murder case, the agency said on Thursday.
The CBI, which had earlier denied that email id 'email@example.com' was used to call Talwars for questioning, is now saying that the ID was created for some "specific purpose" which they refused to explain.
"I am told by the concerned officers that the email ID was created to interact with Talwars for some specific purpose during the investigation," CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra said in New Delhi. She refused to elaborate on this saying the matter is sub-judice.
Talwar's counsel Manoj Sisodia said that he had sought a document from the CBI recently which was sent to him from the email ID. He, however, added that he does not know whether the ID is of CBI or not.
The Talwar couple were surprised to find that emails asking them to appear for questioning were coming from the email ID which did not look official.
Hemraj was their domestic servant whose body was found on the terrace a day after the murder of their 14-year-old daughter Aarushi at their residence in Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on the intervening night of May 15-16 in 2008.
The emails carried the file number, name of the investigating officer among other details. The agency last year had claimed that a person is summoned for questioning only through official IDs or through official processes.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- Organ transplant: Online network to connect donor, recipient
- 10 things to know for the French Open
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?