J&K: Soldier ends life, Angry jawans lock up officers in Army's Samba unit
By IBNLive - SRINAGAR
09th August 2012 10:57 AM
There seems to be tension in the Army's Samba unit in Jammu and Kashmir. Sources say a group of jawans locked up officers in a mess after a soldier committed suicide.
The Army has denied the incident, but has ordered a court of inquiry to ascertain the reason behind the suicide. Sources say that the officers of the unit have been segregated from the jawans to conduct an objective inquiry.
The stand-off happened in 16 Light Cavalry, the oldest armoured regiment.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Key relationships
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Bangalore crush Chennai in 8-over match, keep semi hopes alive