Pune blasts: Injured man being quizzed by ATS
By PTI - PUNE
08th August 2012 12:38 PM
The lone injured person in the
August 1 serial bomb explosions here -- Dayanand Patil--
discharged after treatment, is now being questioned further by
the ATS officials, who have taken over the probe from the city
crime branch, police sources said today.
Police have already stated that Patil, in whose carry bag, one of the explosives went off near the Balghandharva theatre, was not under detention or arrest and was under routine interrogation only to know the details of the events, leading to the blasts.
No headway has so far been made in the investigations in a week after the explosions occurred.
A tailor by profession, Patil, who used to commute daily from the nearby Uruli Kanchan village to Pune to work in a shop, was treated for minor injuries and a spinal cord problem in the Sassoon hospital here, from where he was officially discharged on Monday night, hospital authorities said.
Patil , however, was being taken to his native place Bidar in Karnataka by the ATS officials as part of the ongoing investigations into the minor blasts, sources said.
Meanwhile, still smarting under the impact of the blasts, in which, the terrorism angle has not been ruled out, police have appealed to people not to congregate in large numbers on streets for the 'Dahi Handi' festival to celebrate Janmasthtami festival tomorrow.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army