200 trapped ECL miners in Bengal rescued
By IANS - KOLKATA
31st July 2012 07:24 PM
Around 200 miners of the Eastern Coalfields Ltd (ECL), trapped in West Bengal's Burdwan district after the power grid failure, have been rescued, police said Tuesday.
"Around 200 miners who had been trapped inside ECL mines in Sodepur and Satgram in the district following power failure have been rescued. Following efforts by the administration, emergency power supply was arranged and all the miners have been brought out safely," Asansol-Durgapur Commissioner of Police Ajay Kumar Nand told IANS.
The miners were trapped when power supply snapped around 1 p.m. Rescue efforts were initiated as soon as possible.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS