Narayanasamy slams Team Anna; says Government not breaking its unity
By PTI - CHENNAI
28th July 2012 01:50 PM
Slamming Team Anna, Union Minister V Narayanasamy today said there was lack of unity among members of Anna Hazare's team and dismissed the charge that government was trying to break it.
"There is already no unity among the members of Anna Hazare's team. So, there is no need for us to break their unity, as someone alleged," the Minister of state in the PMO told reporters at the airport here.
Narayanasamy's remarks come in the wake of charge by Hazare in the backdrop of his meeting with Law Minister Salman Khurshid that the government was conspiring to split his team.
Hitting out at team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal for his attack on members of Parliament, Narayanasamy said, "There are certain allegations against Kejriwal, a former bureaucrat.
Their attempt to control Parliament is condemnable."
Replying to a question, he said, "Our leader Rahul Gandhi finding a place in the Cabinet is a proud moment to every Congressman. However, this matter will be decided by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi."
To a query on Chief Minister Jayalalithaa seeking a meeting of the Cauvery Water Authority, he said since the case was in the Supreme Court, the Prime Minister cannot intervene.
But, he would surely take steps to ensure Tamil Nadu gets its share of Cauvery water (from Karnataka).
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals