Politics is Rahul Gandhi's family business: BJP
By IANS - NEW DELHI
19th July 2012 04:03 PM
Soon after Rahul Gandhi said he was looking for a more "proactive role" in politics, the BJP said it was his "family business", and alleged that
the Congress general secretary was already "calling the shots" without any responsibilities.
"It is a family business. He already is active, all what may happen is his nomenclature may change from general secretary to something else," Bharatiya Janata Party leader Balbir Punj said.
Talking to reporters, Punj said Rahul was already active and "calling the shots" without any responsibilities.
"He is calling the shots without having any responsibility. If he takes a formal position, maybe he will be responsible," Punj said.
Party leader Nirmala Sitharaman said it mattered little who would be where as there was no democracy within the Congress.
"It matters little who is going to be where. All we can say is it is their business. There is no inner party democracy in Congress," she said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner