Not trying to break Team Anna: Khurshid
By PTI - NEW DELHI
18th July 2012 09:57 PM
Law Minister Salman Khurshid, who met Anna
Hazare recently, today rejected his charge that the government was trying to
create a wedge between Team Anna members.
"No one is breaking Team Anna. You (media) don't break it...no one is breaking Team Anna," Khurshid told reporters at the sidelights of a programme here.
Breaking his silence on the meeting with Khurshid on June 23 near Pune, Hazare said the minister had asked him to keep the meeting secret and he agreed. Khurshid had also asked him not to participate in the proposed fast in Delhi.
"When Salman Khurshid told me that the government will take a decision on the issue before July 25 (when Team Anna plans to go on fast), it clearly means that differences crop up in the team before the agitation so that I am not part of the protest.
"After coming to know about your government's conspiracy, I do not wish to talk to any minister or any responsible person now or in future...," Hazare in Ralegan Siddhi today.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks