UP Congress organisational change after Presidential, VP polls: Digvijay
By PTI - LUCKNOW
18th July 2012 09:35 PM
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh today said organisational changes in the party's Uttar Pradesh unit would take place after the presidential and vice presidential elections.
In an informal chat with news persons on his arrival here, Singh said, "Organisational changes in party's state unit would take place after the completion of the presidential and vice presidential elections."
To a question on the coming together of Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev, Singh said for him it was nothing new as he had always said that these two were together.
The Congress general secretary who is also in charge of state affairs, exuded confidence that UPA's presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee would win by a very good margin and would get almost 90 per cent votes.
Changes in the UP Congress have been pending since the party's debacle in the assembly election earlier this year.
UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi had offered to resign soon after the announcement of the results.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS