Veteran actor Rajesh Khanna dies
By PTI - MUMBAI
18th July 2012 01:51 PM
Yesteryear Bollywood superstar
Rajesh Khanna, who was ailing for sometime, died at his Bandra
residence today, family sources said.
The 69-year-old actor, who had been in and out of hospital since April, was discharged from the Lilavati hospital two days back.
He is survived by wife Dimple Kapadia and daughters Twinkle and Rinke.
Scores of fans gathered outside his 'Aashirwad' home on Carter Road in Bandra today following the news.
Khanna was hailed as India's first superstar after 15 consecutive solo superhits between 1969 and 1972 including "Aradhana", "Haathi Mere Saathi", "Anand" and "Amar Prem".
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham