Rahul to decide on playing bigger role: Sonia
By PTI - NEW DELHI
18th July 2012 01:03 PM
Congress President Sonia Gandhi today said it is for Rahul Gandhi to decide for himself on playing a larger role in the party.
"No one can take a decision on his behalf. He has to take a decision," she said in Parliament House after Vice President Hamid Ansari filed his nomination paper for a second term.
Her comments came against the backdrop of comments by senior Congress leaders like Digvijay Singh and Salman Khurshid clamouring for a larger role for Rahul in the party.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover