Maoist arrested in Bengal
By Indo Asian News Service - KOLKATA
04th July 2012 05:47 PM
A Maoist suspected to be involved in several incidents of violence was arrested early Wednesday from his house in West Bengal's West Midnapore district, police said.
"Baisisto Mahato alias Bullet was nabbed from his home in Talpal under Binpur police station of Dumuria, in the district (180 km from Kolkata) in the early hours of Wednesday," an officer of the Binpur police station said.
"No arms were recovered from him. Investigation is in progress. We believe he can provide us with valuable information about his group," added the officer.
He was involved in many cases of killing and kidnapping and will be presented before a court Wednesday, the officer said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham