BJP dares Congress to name its candidate for PM's post
By PTI - RAJKOT
25th June 2012 12:08 AM
BJP today dared Congress to announce its Prime Ministerial candidate ahead of the next general elections.
To a query from a reporter here as to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's chances of becoming the BJP candidate for the PM's post, the party's general secretary Ananth Kumar said: "BJP has several persons who can become PM. What does Congress have? Congress has no names. It should first announce its candidate, BJP would announce its candidate at the time of the general elections."
Kumar was here to take part in the party's campaign against the Centre-appointed interlocutors' report on Kashmir issue.
He also targeted Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over his recent foreign tours, saying that the Prime Minister was "invisible" here and visible only abroad.
Four "economists", namely, Dr Manmohan Singh, P Chidambaram, Pranab Mukherjee and Montek Singh Ahluwalia had ruined the economy, Kumar said.
"Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said that government will announce certain measures to improve the country's economy, which is unfortunate...after being in power for over seven years, UPA leaders have realised that economy has become weak."
He also alleged that Centre was doing injustice to Gujarat, especially with regard to CNG quota.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Dravid to retire from IPL?