3 floors of Mantralaya to be operational from Monday: Bhujbal
By PTI - MUMBAU
24th June 2012 03:03 PM
The first three floors of the fire-ravaged Maharashtra state secretariat will be operational from tomorrow and all the ministers and officials concerned will take charge of their office, Public Works Department Minister Chhagan Bhujbal said today. He said the adjoining annex will also be operational from tomorrow as power supply has been restored there.
"The PWD and other workers like carpenters and engineers are working day and night to refurbish Mantralaya," Bhujbal said, adding that the remaining four floors, gutted in the fire, will be ready for use in the next three months.
"After the structural audit team inspects the fire-affected areas, refurbishing of these floors will be undertaken," he said.
So far, 30 trucks have carried the debris from the top four gutted floors, he said after reviewing the renovation work at Mantralaya today.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan will operate from Mantralaya's first floor office of Health Minister Suresh Shetty, while Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar will function from Water Resources Minister Sunil Tatkare's office on the second floor.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army