Team Anna targets Pranab
By PTI - JODHPUR
17th June 2012 07:55 PM
Team Anna today targeted Congress
Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee and demanded an
independent inquiry into allegations they had made against him
despite the fact that the Government has trashed the charges
against him and 14 other ministers made by it last month.
Arvind Kejriwal told reporters that Mukherjee was a candidate for the highest constitutional post and the person adorning the top offie must be "above board".
Another member Manish Sisodia also wanted the allegations to be investigated.
Team Anna had made allegations against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Mukherjee and 13 others last month and demanded setting up of a special investigation team which was rejected by the Government.
The Prime Minister had last month strongly rebutted Team Anna's allegations and offered to quit public life and face any punishment if charges on coal block allotments made by the activists were proved.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Subramanian Swamy
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs