Modi blames Congress for northeast woes
By Ganesh N - MUMBAI
05th June 2012 09:41 AM
Squarely blaming the Congress-led UPA Government for the various problems in the Northeast, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said that the region had remained backward, though Prime Minister Manmohan Singh represented Assam.
Speaking at a function organised by an NGO, ‘My Home India’ founded by the RSS, Modi trained his guns on the UPA Government and Prime Minister.
“The Prime Minister sings under the US influence and deliberately did not pursue the development of uranium available in abundance in the Northeast areas. The PM is working to make the dollar strong. If the uranium in the Northeast was developed, we could have emerged as a nuclear power,” Modi said.
He reminded that the Prime Minister had presented vision documents to develop the Northeast areas in 2008. “It is 2012 and he is still reading the vision document,” he added.
Modi noted that the Northeastern region was lacking in infrastructure compared to other states.
“I do not understand why the government is still neglecting these regions,” he added. Modi questioned the secular credentials of then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi who during an election campaign in Northeast had promised to run the government as per the Bible.
Meets Kavita Karkare
Four years after being publicly snubbed by the widow of slain ATS Chief Hemant Karkare in the 26/11 terrorist attacks in Mumbai, Gujarat Modi came face to face with Kavita Karkare.
However, this time, Kavita who had previously rejected an offer for compensation from Modi, accepted an memento from him in the function.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers