Fire at ice factory in West Bengal
By PTI - DIAMOND HARBOUR
13th March 2013 08:25 AM
A woman had to be hospitalised due to ammonia gas leak in an ice factory following a fire at Mandir Bazar in South 24 Parganas district this evening.
Police sources said while all the employees escaped from the facility, located at Poler Haat area, the wall came crushing down.
A woman, living near by, was taken to hospital as she complained of nausea, the sources said.
Fire tenders rushed to the spot but the flames were already doused and efforts were on to plug the gas leak.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- DRDO chief expresses concern over FDI
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner