Delhi Police head constable commits suicide
By PTI - NEW DELHI
05th March 2013 07:09 PM
A Delhi Police head constable committed suicide by hanging himself from a ceiling fan in his house here, police said Tuesday.
Vedpal, 50, who was posted at the Police Control Room (PCR) cell, was found hanging in his house in west Delhi's Gopal Nagar area Monday night.
No suicide note was recovered from his possession.
"Initial inquiry suggested that Vedpal was depressed as he had been ill for the past 10 years. It might be the reason behind his extreme step," said a police officer.
He is survived by his wife and three children.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham