Gujarat: Fire at Vapi industrial estate, two workers dead
By PTI - VAPI (Gujarat)
26th January 2013 04:33 PM
Two workers died at a fire at a chemical factory in GIDC industrial estate here today.
The mishap took place at Fine Hydrochem, GIDC Phase 3, police said.
Divyas Patel (27) and Hasmukh Hadpati (30), the deceased workers, were doing a welding job at a tank where the fire broke out. Both hailed from villages near Vapi, police said.
Police suspect that no adequate safety measures were in place at the factory. Further probe is on.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today