3 TN cops bag President’s Medal, 21 in merit award list
By Express News Service - CHENNAI/NEW DELHI
26th January 2013 08:12 AM
Additional Director General of Police (Coastal Security Group-Tamil Nadu) C Sylendra Babu, and ADGP (Crime-TN), Prateep V Philip, are among 88 officers who have been awarded President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service on the occasion of Republic Day this year. Another officer from Tamil Nadu, AM Gunaseelan, IGP Vigilance and Anti Corruption, has also been awarded the prestigious medal. Besides, 21 Police personnel of Tamil Nadu were also selected for the Police Medals for Meritorious Service by the government this year.
A total 875 personnel have been awarded police medals this year, which includes one President’s Police Medal for Gallantry (PPMG) , 115 Police Medals for Gallantry (PMG) , 88 President’s Police Medals for Distinguished Service and 671 Police Medals for Meritorious Service, across the states and central police and investigative agencies.
N Govindasamy, Assistant Jailor, Sub jail, Wallajah, and S K Sundaram, Grade I Warder, Borstal School, Puddukkottai, were among the 29 personnel who have been awarded Correctional Service Medal for Meritorious Service. A total of 37 personnel have been awarded Correctional Service Medals this year, which includes five President Correctional Service Medal for Distinguished Service, 29 Correctional Service Medals for Meritorious Service and three President’s Correctional Service Medal for Gallantry.
The medals would be conferred upon them during the Republic Day celebrations.
Among the officers who were selected for Police Medal for Meritorious Service are DIG (Tirunelveli Range) Sumit Sharan, DIG (Vellore) MT Ganesamoorthy, DC (Traffic Planning-Chennai) D Sivanandam, Commandant, TN Special Police III Battalion S Rajasekaran, Commandant of TN Special Police XIV Battalion N Rajendran, and Deputy Commandant, TSP XIV Battalion K Thinakaran.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Shun hatred to live with peace