Demands for Shinde's resignation unwarranted: Narayanasamy
By PTI - CHENNAI
22nd January 2013 02:07 PM
Union Minister V Narayanasamy today
said terrorism in any form was 'condemnable' and slammed
demands for resignation of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde
over his 'Hindu terrorism' remarks.
Shinde had only stated what was already reported in media in connection with the Malegaon and Mecca Masjid blasts, Minister of State in the PMO told reporters at the airport.
"Demand for Shinde's resignation is unwarranted. Regarding the Malegaon and Mecca Masjid cases, some from a particular community were involved. Some training camps were found where there were some Hindu fundamentalists. The trial is now happening. He only mentioned what was happening," he said.
There was terrorism in several parts of the country and whoever is involved, it was "condemnable."
"Whether Hindu terrorism or Islamic terrorism, UPA government condemns both," he said.
Shinde had triggered a controversy at the AICC meet in Jaipur by accusing BJP and RSS of conducting terror training camps and promoting "Hindu terrorism." BJP has reacted strongly to the remarks, demanding his sacking while the RSS has dubbed him a "darling of real terrorists".
To a question, Narayanasamy said the Jayalalithaa-led state government was adopting a 'confrontational attitude' with Centre and warned this was not good for smooth relations.
"Without the support of the Centre, the state cannot grow, similarly the state (government's) support is needed for Centre also," he said in the wake of Jayalalithaa's strong criticism of UPA government on many issues.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- CCTV must for BPUT exam centres