Victim back on ventilator
By Express News Service - NEW DELHI
24th December 2012 11:42 AM
The condition of the 23-year-old rape victim deteriorated on Sunday after she developed respiratory problems. Doctors said she was put on ventilator again following a small surgical operation to wash out fluids from her abdomen.
“Last night, she had pain in the abdomen and complained of respiratory difficulty. A team of doctors examined her and conducted an ultrasound and CT scan. Since infection is a major cause of concern and it was not responding to antibiotics, a small surgery was conducted around 2 p.m. to wash out fluids. She is out of anaesthesia and conscious at the moment,” BD Athani, assistant director general of Safdarjung Hospital said. “She is not out of danger yet,” doctors said.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling