Another woman gang-raped in Delhi
By IANS - NEW DELHI
21st December 2012 10:47 PM
Within a week of a 23-year-old woman being gang-raped by six men in a moving bus in the capital, a 40-year-old woman has alleged that she was raped in her house by three men at knife-point Wednesday, police said. Two of the accused have been arrested.
"The incident was reported from east Delhi's Welcome area. The woman, who lives with her family, alleged that three of her neighbours raped her when she was alone at home Wednesday evening," said a police officer Friday.
A case was lodged after her medical examination at Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital confirmed rape.
Two of the accused, Gaffar and Alam, were arrested from their house while the third accused is on the run, police said.
The accused used to visit her house regularly.
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham