Another woman gang-raped in Delhi
By IANS - NEW DELHI
21st December 2012 10:47 PM
Within a week of a 23-year-old woman being gang-raped by six men in a moving bus in the capital, a 40-year-old woman has alleged that she was raped in her house by three men at knife-point Wednesday, police said. Two of the accused have been arrested.
"The incident was reported from east Delhi's Welcome area. The woman, who lives with her family, alleged that three of her neighbours raped her when she was alone at home Wednesday evening," said a police officer Friday.
A case was lodged after her medical examination at Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital confirmed rape.
Two of the accused, Gaffar and Alam, were arrested from their house while the third accused is on the run, police said.
The accused used to visit her house regularly.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs