Another woman gang-raped in Delhi
By IANS - NEW DELHI
21st December 2012 10:47 PM
Within a week of a 23-year-old woman being gang-raped by six men in a moving bus in the capital, a 40-year-old woman has alleged that she was raped in her house by three men at knife-point Wednesday, police said. Two of the accused have been arrested.
"The incident was reported from east Delhi's Welcome area. The woman, who lives with her family, alleged that three of her neighbours raped her when she was alone at home Wednesday evening," said a police officer Friday.
A case was lodged after her medical examination at Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital confirmed rape.
Two of the accused, Gaffar and Alam, were arrested from their house while the third accused is on the run, police said.
The accused used to visit her house regularly.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 'Early monsoon beneficial for kharif crops'
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha