Another woman gang-raped in Delhi
By IANS - NEW DELHI
21st December 2012 10:47 PM
Within a week of a 23-year-old woman being gang-raped by six men in a moving bus in the capital, a 40-year-old woman has alleged that she was raped in her house by three men at knife-point Wednesday, police said. Two of the accused have been arrested.
"The incident was reported from east Delhi's Welcome area. The woman, who lives with her family, alleged that three of her neighbours raped her when she was alone at home Wednesday evening," said a police officer Friday.
A case was lodged after her medical examination at Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital confirmed rape.
Two of the accused, Gaffar and Alam, were arrested from their house while the third accused is on the run, police said.
The accused used to visit her house regularly.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Shun hatred to live with peace