BJP activists protest Nirupam's remarks against Smriti Irani
By PTI - MUMBAI
21st December 2012 06:10 PM
BJP workers today staged a
protest against Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam for his reported
derogatory remarks against TV actor and BJP member Smriti
Activists of BJP's youth and women's wings took out a morcha and demanded an apology from Nirupam for his remarks against Irani, who is also a Member of Parliament.
Around 300 BJP cadres participated in the procession which concluded at Nirupam's office in suburban Borivili.
Nirupam made an irresponsible statement at a time when crimes against women are rising and there is anger among people, a BJP functionary said.
He made the controversial remarks yesterday during a debate on a news channel on the Gujarat Assembly election results. The Congress MP questioned the credentials of Irani to analyse poll results given her background as a TV actress.
He reportedly said "till some time ago you were dancing on the TV screens and now you have become a psephologist."
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today