BJP activists protest Nirupam's remarks against Smriti Irani
By PTI - MUMBAI
21st December 2012 06:10 PM
BJP workers today staged a
protest against Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam for his reported
derogatory remarks against TV actor and BJP member Smriti
Activists of BJP's youth and women's wings took out a morcha and demanded an apology from Nirupam for his remarks against Irani, who is also a Member of Parliament.
Around 300 BJP cadres participated in the procession which concluded at Nirupam's office in suburban Borivili.
Nirupam made an irresponsible statement at a time when crimes against women are rising and there is anger among people, a BJP functionary said.
He made the controversial remarks yesterday during a debate on a news channel on the Gujarat Assembly election results. The Congress MP questioned the credentials of Irani to analyse poll results given her background as a TV actress.
He reportedly said "till some time ago you were dancing on the TV screens and now you have become a psephologist."
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs