Man beaten to death by nieces
By IANS - PATNA
08th December 2012 01:45 PM
A man has been beaten to death by his three nieces over a land dispute in Bihar, police said Saturday.
Harihar Choudhary, a resident of Bhatwalia village in Gopalganj district, was beaten to death by his three nieces while he was ploughing the field Friday, police officer Anand Kumar Pandey said.
"Choudhary's nieces told him not to plough. But when he refused, they attacked him with bamboo sticks and beat him to death," he said.
A case has been lodged against Choudhary's nieces on the basis of his wife's statement. The three accused are absconding.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix