Afzal Guru’s mercy plea to wait
By Express News Service - NEW DELHI
08th December 2012 10:26 AM
Union Home Minister SushilKumar Shinde on Friday cleared the speculations over the Parliament attack accused Afzal Guru’s mercy petition saying he will have a look into the files after the winter session of Parliament.
“When Parliament session is over I will ask what is the status of Guru’s file. It is in the ministry but has not come to me yet. I have to see his file in detail. I have to see it indepth,” Shinde said.
On being asked about the secrecy maintained regarding the hanging of 2008 Mumbai attacks terrorist Ajmal Kasab, the Home Minister said such operations should always be kept secret. “If terrorists can maintain secrecy about their attacks why cannot the government keep secrets,” Shinde asked.
- South block watch
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years